Welcome to Trussville, Alabama!
Founded in 1947, the city of Trussville is characterized by our friendly atmosphere, great schools and safe environment. Trussville is located in northeast Jefferson County and is one of the fastest growing cities in Alabama, offering small town hospitality with large city convenience.
To learn more about our beautiful city, please visit: https://trussville.org/
The Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director.
About The Chamber:
Our Chamber is a growing, influential organization dedicated to providing leadership and a coordination of efforts that will contribute to the economic vitality and quality of life of the Trussville area community for all of us.
Our Mission Statement:
The Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce leads and coordinates efforts that will contribute to a vibrant economy, supportive partnerships, and an excellent quality of life.
Our Vision Statement:
We shall serve as a trusted resource for coordinated leadership and collaborative advocacy to help our businesses and community prosper.
About the position:
The Executive Director is responsible for effectively leading the Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce in achieving the mission of servicing its members and helping businesses thrive in our community. This person will report to and work closely with the Board of Directors. Candidates must possess high energy with a willingness to engage with members, prospective members, city and civic leaders, and other community stakeholders to ensure the Chamber’s success. Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Executive leadership for the organization’s activities and staff.
- Strategic planning in cooperation with the Board of Directors.
- Deliver membership growth and retention
- Oversee event planning and management
- Work in tandem with City leadership in promoting the the interests of the Chamber, and the City of Trussville. Help facilitate coordination among the various economic development efforts within the city.
- General knowledge and understanding of financial reporting.
- Ability to build solid relationships with members & prospective members via Chamber communication channels and in-person visits.
- Enthusiastically engage with all community stakeholders in an effort to continually grow a successful Chamber.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Marketing and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in Management and/or sales required
- Ability to travel within the service area to visit members / prospective members.
- The ability and willingness to participate in Chamber and community events that may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking ability.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, organize, and set long-term strategy with an appropriate work plan to accomplish it.
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with others of diverse backgrounds, opinions, and needs.
- Independently identify and resolve problems or make recommendations to the Board of Directors about resolution options. Must be able to apply sound problem solving skills and make decisions that reflect the best interest of the organization.
To apply for the Executive Director position, please complete the following steps: